Grandparents’ Rights Law Firm in San Antonio
Grandparents’ rights are court-ordered visitation or custody of a grandchild.
When a family unit is disrupted, and you are concerned that your grandchild’s mental health or physical well-being would be significantly impaired without visitation rights, then you need a trustworthy and knowledgable attorney to help you understand Texas grandparents’ rights. LaHood Law will help you determine what rights you have and if needed, enforce your rights under the Texas Family Code and court.
Texas Family Court will consider and authorize court-ordered visitations for biological grandparents if at least three of the conditions below are met:
- Your grandchild or grandchildren have lived with you for at least six months
- Your grandchild or grandchildren’s parents are divorced or have a divorce proceeding pending
- The parents are not married to each other or have been separated indefinitely
- Your grandchild or grandchildren are abused or neglected by a parent or both parents
- A parent or both parents are deceased, incarcerated, institutionalized or have been declared incompetent to care for your grandchild or grandchildren
- The court has terminated the parent-child relationship or if a parent has not been located for at least a month
- You and a parent apply together for custody
Grandparents do not have an automatic right to visitation or custody of grandchildren; however, in certain situations, you may be allowed to seek custody by filing a lawsuit if:
- Grandparents can prove the child is suffering
- Grandparent is the court-ordered guardian of the grandchild
- Grandchild has lived with grandparents for a minimum of six months
If you are a San Antonio grandparent looking for an experienced family attorney to help you fight for custody or visitation of your grandchildren, call LaHood Law.
- San Antonio Natives
- Aggressive trial lawyers with experience in federal, state, felony, and misdemeanor trials.
- Successfully handles felony cases as far as Pecos, Brownsville, LaGrange, Houston and Waco.
- Membership in Mexican American Bar Association, San Antonio Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, and the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
Licensed in Federal Western District of Texas and the Federal Southern District of Texas.
Criminal Defense (State & Federal)
Motion to Revoke Hearings
Wills, Estates, & Trusts
4014 McCullough Avenue
San Antonio, TX 78212