Motorcycle accidents are prevalent in San Antonio, and just as devastating as car accidents. Motorcycle drivers are more vulnerable to serious injury without the protection of a car’s metal frame and safety features.
If you’re a victim of a motorcycle accident and have been personally injured, you may be able to recoup your losses and offset serious injuries or disabilities with the help of a personal injury lawyer.
If you’ve been injured in a motorcycle accident, compensation is available for those injuries. Contact LaHood Law for a consultation!
Motorcycles are very popular in the United States. The freedom of the open road appeals to a large number of people. But that freedom brings with it an increased risk of death or harm. Latest estimates put the number of registered motorcycles in this country at somewhere around 6 million. This is about 2% of all registered vehicles, but motorcycle drivers make up about 14% of all fatalities in accidents. Injuries occur in high proportions to motorcycle drivers as well, since they are not afforded the protection that a metal automobile frame provides. Have you had a motorcycle accident? If so, you’re not alone. Here are some motorcycle accident statistics that vividly illustrate the risks of driving a motorcycle.
- At least 4,000 people have died each year in accidents involving motorcycles since 2004 and in recent years that number has sometimes grown to over 5,000 a year.
- This makes motorcycles about 26 times more deadly for drivers than automobiles.
- The chance of death by motorcycle accident is about 80%, while that for passenger vehicles is around 20%.
- Motorcycle and automobile accidents cause more spinal cord injuries than any other cause, some 35% of these injuries.
- People who suffer motorcycle injuries causing paralysis may spend 1 million to 4 million on those injuries over their lifetimes.
If you have been involved in a motorcycle accident, and have been injured, LaHood Law may be able to help you recoup your losses and offset serious injuries or disabilities. There are statutes of limitations on these injuries so attorneys should be contacted promptly. We can help you get the fair compensation you need and deserve, including compensation for pain and suffering. We serve San Antonio and all surrounding areas. Please contact us today for a consultation!